The official rules of Ping-Pong have actually seen a few changes in recent
years. You can review the official rules here:
You can also find some helpful Q & A about rule variations here:
Here are a few notes on the rules, as well as some ground rules specific to
- Matches are played to 21. The winner must win by 2 points.
- First serve will be determined by "PING"-ing.
- Serve will switch to the opposing player every 5 points, regardless of the score. (Game point is irrelevant.)
- Players must serve from behind the table, but serves are NOT required to bounce off the back of the table.
- The server can indeed lose on a serve.
- Any point in which the ball hits the post, but would have had a chance of hitting the table legally, will be replayed.